What do we mean by Visions and Visioning?
Certainly not the kind of bland statements found in some annual reports, nor advertising slogans or some unattainable flights of fancy.
Visioning to us means developing most imaginative and sustainable business propositions based on:
- Getting under the skin of customers and places to create a sound basis for creative thinking
- Digging even deeper to search for quintessence, brand values, innovation triggers and competitive advantages
- Creating innovative concepts, storyboards, designs, products and experiences
- Integrating global standards and perspectives
- Engaging in a 360º development process aimed at verifying surprisingly ambitious goals
The results of this ‘art and science’ process will stretch minds, mindsets and talents to imagine and deliver beyond the predictable. It will mould a myriad of success factors into one winning concept and brand experience.
Yet, the most telling upside of great visioning is perhaps less glamorous: To get the best out of the development process.
- Project Leaders know the great benefits of getting every team member ‘to sing from the same hymn sheet’ from Day One and being able to manage with a holistic roadmap that saves time, arguments and ‘soft costs’
- Ignorance and information silos are broken down
- And of course, a sound and articulated vision is the best possible basis for briefing and negotiating with other stakeholders, from fund managers to leasing agents, from architects to prospective tenants.